August 12, 2016

SUCCESS STORY: How Andrew Duncan Had over 300 Opt-Ins on His Home Value Website from Just One Email





"A millennial’s going to look into you, and they’re going to look up all of your social profiles to decide if they want to work with you or not. If you don’t have a social profile in a lot of these places, they may not be working with you. So in my eyes, I think that part is super crucial, really no matter the audience."

-Vyral Client Andrew Duncan


[Full Transcript Below]

John McMillan: I’m here with Andrew Duncan, a real estate agent out of Tampa, Florida. Andrew, it was a couple months ago in June that you sent out the summer lead generation email that Frank and our staff here wrote and you got some pretty cool results on it. Why don’t you just tell us about that?


Andrew Duncan: Yeah, I was really amazed. You guys have done a great job with the seller lead gen emails. We had over 300 opt-ins on our home value website from that email alone, and we’ve already listed a handful of those homes from those opt-ins. You know, it’s so well-written that when the consumer reads it, it really kind of opens their eyes. It’s a little bit of shock and awe for them but it’s important for them to know the truth and to sometimes kind of cut right to the chase. The email was really successful in doing that. We had a lot of replies to it, and like I said, it was record-breaking for us in terms of the number of opt-ins that we had from that specific email.

John: That’s great. You’ve been a longtime client of Vyral Marketing now; can you talk about the kinds of results you’ve seen working with us over the years?

Andrew: So I think one of the things I really love about Vyral is that you guys are collaborative, so we always come up with ideas together because every market is going to be different. But from the educational emails to the lead gen emails to some of the marketing you guys do with Facebook and YouTube, it’s really kind of been almost like an extension of a lot of the marketing that we do - like my own marketing company, in a sense. Even though my success coach is doing things that don’t necessarily align with what you guys focus on, what he’s really integrated and focused on is really helping me be successful and get more out of my database, generate more business, and grow my company.

John: That’s great. So, this can be a little bit tough to measure; some people are better at this than others, but in regard to your return on investment, what have you seen, or how much return have you seen with Vyral Marketing?

Andrew: So I look at this in two different ways. I look at the return on investment in terms of money and capital, and then return on time investment. So if you’re looking purely at return on investment capital, we see a ratio anywhere from six or seven to one pretty consistently with what we can track. With time investment for me, it’s drastically more than that because I run a team that’ll do about 1,000 sales this year, probably close to $8 million in GCI, so my dollar-per-hour worth is really high. So the stuff you guys take off of my plate that I have a lot of time to either direct or do some of myself frees me up to do what I’m better at. So the return on time investment for me by you guys taking a lot of that stuff off my plate is something that is invaluable to me. It’s something that’s so valuable that you can’t really measure it, because it takes so much off of my plate that I can focus on growing the company and doing all the things that I’m best at doing.

John: That’s great. Before using Vyral, you were already doing a lot of this stuff, correct?

Andrew: Yeah, but I wasn’t doing it as well. So I did a lot of videos and YouTube stuff. Quite honestly a lot of it was based off of Frank’s tips off from a lot of his emails and stuff. I think I told him I was in your guys’ database probably 12 times with different fake emails that I gave because I didn’t want you guys calling me. So I did all the stuff I could for free for a long time and I’ve been a video guy for awhile, and it’s been really successful for me, but by having someone as a coach to hold me accountable and give me new fresh ideas for topics, it holds me accountable to a schedule to keep producing the videos, and then all of the other innovative things you guys add on like the lead generation emails. I mean, that email to me, if I were to factor out the dollar value of that, it probably easily comps me a whole year of what I pay Vyral. Just from one email, and you guys do those emails like every month or two. So all the things that you add onto it that generate revenue that I wouldn’t generate on my own are ideas I wouldn’t think of. There are some times where I’ll record three or four Vyral videos and I’ll get the topic list from you guys, and then I’ll record my own video on my radio show from one of the topic tips you gave me. So even though I didn’t record it through Vyral and you guys didn’t put it out there, it was the content that I was able to create that triggered an idea that I wouldn’t have triggered if I was just doing it all on my own.

John: That’s cool man. So you just mentioned you were watching us for a few years before you pulled the trigger. What was it that finally got you to have a conversation and take us into serious consideration?

Andrew: Well, I continued to see Frank at a lot of events, and I learned more and more about customers you already had that were friends of mine, and that to me - when I heard repeatedly from other agents that were happy with you guys - kind of pushed me over the hill. I think there’s a lot of fly-by-night marketing companies out there that go after the real estate space, and it’s kind of a joke amongst top agents that there are two ways to get rich in real estate: either you sell a lot of homes, or you figure out something you can sell to Realtors, who will buy anything. So when a new company first comes out, I’m usually a little hesitant to jump on the bandwagon because there have been the fly-by-night, fall off the wagon companies that aren’t around a year later. So when Frank was still around a couple years later and I’m hearing from a dozen countless friends that work with you guys and having a great experience, that was what pushed me over to know that it was going to work and provide results for me.

John: So a lot of potential clients will listen to this. What do you say to people that are on the fence about hiring Vyral?

Andrew: There are a lot of people out there that are of a certain technical background that look at you guys and say “I can do all this myself.” And to those people I say I thought the same thing, but the money that I spend is a great return, it leverages me, and that allows me to do even more content creation and different types of things. So to the people out there that don’t really have the technical background, you need this because there are people out there that don’t know how to use Twitter, don’t have a YouTube channel, and it’s credibility today more than anything else. Even if you generate a direct ROI from what you guys do, there are other immeasurable things when you’re growing a big business that happen from producing this video content, the testimonials, the educational stuff. It’s validity. A millennial’s going to look into you, and they’re going to look up all of your social profiles to decide if they want to work with you or not. If you don’t have a social profile in a lot of these places, they may not be working with you. So in my eyes, I think that part is super crucial, really no matter the audience. The one downside I would say or the only hesitation I would have with anyone signing up with you guys is to make sure they’re actually going to do it, and that they can dedicate the time to it, and they have a little bit of leverage in their business where they can step away and record some videos. The only people I’ve heard not have a great experience with you guys are people that, when I look at their Youtube channel, it doesn’t look like they’ve recorded a video in nine months. So of course they’re not going to have success, because they’re not actually doing what they need to do. If you’re going to sign up and you’re going to spend the money, listen to your coach and actually record the videos. If you do that, you’ll get better. You know, the first one probably will not be great, the second one will be better, and the third one will be good, and then you’ll get better and better over time, where you’ll start to realize it, and people start to mention the videos and get business from it. I think the other thing I’d tell people is to plan on committing for a year, because in something like content creation and video, it’s not like in two months you’re going to immediately know that it’s amazing. It takes you getting better at it and implementing it at a lot of different steps.


First time here? Download the video marketing plan we recommend or request a complimentary marketing strategy session to visit about working together.

No comments:

Post a Comment